Determining the best self employed ideas to earn yourself an extra income can be difficult, as it depends on the nature of the careers, especially how it fits your personality type, your skill set, and the amount of time you can spend working. If you simply consider the amount of money you can make through the career when looking for a list of best jobs, this list will not be of much help.
Self employment jobs are a dime a dozen, and as such narrowing it down to a list of five can be very daunting, but some people know they want to work for themselves, but would like to see some self employment ideas to help them decide or inspire new ideas. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and rather than considering the traditional professional self employed professions, this article is geared towards those that. In no particular order, here they are.
- Freelance Photographer. If photography is a passion of yours, and you have the necessary equipment and skills, this may be a great way of making good money from home. The best places where you can look for freelance photography opportunities are online magazines, as they are always looking for unique and interesting photographs. There are also a number of online stock photo providers that are looking for freelancers to provide those photos.
- Freelance Writer Or Freelance Graphic Designer. Are you an aspiring writer, who would love to write for magazines or even write your own book, or just happy to simply write articles for people looking for fresh and original articles? Freelance writing is both rewarding and challenging, but should only be considered if you truly have a passion for writing. Pay does vary and will depend largely on demonstrable quality of work and experience.
- Freelance Computer Programmer. It is a known fact that there are more trained programmers than needed out there today, however, if you have the skills, and are willing to work for a pay that may be below that which is paid by Microsoft, you can make good money working from home in this area.
- Selling of items online. With ebay still as hot as ever, it is simply outrageous not to consider buying and selling items online as a viable way of working from home. Many people have made a living this way, and so can you if you have enough stock a product that will sell fast (for example dvds and antiques).
- Freelance Graphic Designer. Amongst the employment spectrum, this is a relatively new position, however, there are hundreds if not thousands of graphic designers that have made a ton of money working from home. With the relentless growth of the Internet, companies and business are continuing to look for graphics and logo designs to help carve out their identity and distinguish them from competitors. If you have a knack for drawing, you will be in demand. When looking at self employed careers this is definitely not one to simply dismiss out of hand if you are skilled at graphic design.
As mentioned, there are plenty of self employed ideas for jobs out there, but hopefully the above will have at least inspired you to think of other possibilities if you have not seen an idea that suits you outright.